I have had a food blog in Russian only for a long time and tried to start blogging in English twice, but failed. So, this is my third attempt to set up a blog in English. I hope this time it will work out. Third time lucky, like we say.
I am going to post one of my favourite recipes for a start. It is very tasty, quite simple to make but it does require some time.
1 tsp instant yeast
1 1/2 – 2 cups flour
3/4 cup warm water
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2-3 tbsps olive oil
250 g sea-food (squid, mussels, prawns)
3-4 tbsps pesto
150 g mozzarella
Pre-heat oven to 220C
1. In a large bowl, whisk together warm water, yeast and sugar. Let it stand until the yeast dissolves and swells, about 10-15 minutes.
2. Add salt, 1 cup of flour and stir to combine. Add olive oil, the rest of the flour and stir once again.
3. Tip the dough out onto a board lightly dusted with flour and knead for at least 10 minutes until it is smooth and elastic. Kneading thoroughly will give the crust even texture.
5. Put the dough into a bowl again, sprinkle with olive oil and leave it to rise in a warm place for one hour.
6. After that, knead the dough again to revive the yeast and leave for 30 minutes more.
7. Divide the dough into two pieces. Form each piece of dough into a smooth ball. Flatten the dough ball into a disk using the palms of your hands or a rolling pin.
8. Spread the pesto over the pizza dough. Put the sea-food onto it and then top with the mozzarella cut into small pieces.
9. Bake until the crust’s edge is brown, about 15 minutes.